Back to Top
- When students register for classes a network account is created.
- When staff or faculty is hired an account is created after a Network Account Request Form is submitted to the IT Department.
- This account is used to log into the network and is also used to access your Western Oklahoma State College email online.
- This account is also used to access many IT services provided to you.
- The Computer/Network account consists of a username and password.
- Student's username is usually the user's first name, period, and then last name.
- Faculty and staff usernames are usually the same as student usernames.
- The password is default three letters, and then four numbers. This can be changed on the website or by request made to the Helpdesk.
- As part of the initial logon process a password change will be required.
- There are many locations at Western with wireless access via the WOSCpublicWireless and WOSCstaffWireless networks. To access these networks, simply connect to the network as you normally would, and open a browser window. When the window opens, it will have a login page. To access the internet, your login is the same as your online students login and password.