Rave Mobile is a security and safety text/email service for students, parents and employees!
Rave Mobile is part of the Pioneer Alert System, Western's combined notification system, that enables us to efficiently send a text and/or email alert message. Rave Mobile may also be used for communicating with clubs as well as for keeping students informed about their classes. Add a layer of security to your experience here at Western! Join today, Register!
- For registration, everyone with a wosc.edu (employee) or email.wosc.edu (student) Email address, follow the directions below: Registration Process Help
- For more information, see Frequently Asked Question's
For more information see the Rave Mobile Website.
Click the pictures to enlarge them
If Rave asks for "organization's name", start typing Western Okla... and select WOSC to get to step 1 below.
Step 1: Fill out our information form.
Step 2: Choose your mobile phone carrier.
Step 3: Confirmation Email Sent.
Step 4: Confirm your email/identity.
Step 5: Confirm your mobile text.
Step 6: You are now in the system, you may add more points of contact.
- Can I sign up if I am not a student or employee?
- This service is only for current students and employee's of WOSC.
- How can I sign up my parents to this service? (Students may choose to add a secondary phone number on their account for their parents.)
- To add your parents to this service, click on "My Account" and click "Add" under these three options (Mobile, Voice Only Line, and/or Email) add their information to your account. You may delete using the same process.
- After I graduate from Western, how do I cancel my account?
- To cancel, you may login and click "My Account", click "Edit" under User Profile, and select "Delete Account" from the bottom.
- What is Rave Alert?
- WOSC has partnered with Rave Mobile Safety, the leader in mobile safety, to offer an emergency notification system, Rave Alert, capable of sending users text, voice, and email messages.
- What type of messages will I receive?
- Western will only send you messages related to emergencies. You will never receive advertisements and your information is never provided to advertisers.
- Who can subscribe/use the service?
- Any student, staff, or faculty member of the Western can subscribe to the Rave Alert service.
- What is my username?
- Your username should be your Western email address and your password is whatever you set when you signed up at Rave's Website.
- What mobile phone carriers are supported?
- All U.S. mobile carriers are supported.
- What if my cell phone number changes?
- If your mobile number ever changes, please login to the getrave.com site and update your contact details.
- What if my cell phone provider changes?
- If you keep the same mobile number, and simply change cell phone provider, you do not have to change anything however it may take several weeks for your mobile provider to update the Rave Alert system. During that time it is possible that you will not be able to receive messages unless you login to update your carrier information.
- Will I receive advertisements or text messaging SPAM?
- No, never. We respect your privacy and you will never receive anything besides official Western communications.
- Who do I contact for assistance?
- If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How will I identify incoming messages from Campus Alert?
- You will be sent messages from what are know as short codes. The messages will come from either 67283 or 226787. We encourage you to save these numbers into your phone so you will recognize them when messages are sent. Some smaller carriers do not support short code messaging. For these carriers, you will receive messages from @getrave.com.
- How do I stop getting text messages?
- To stop getting message, you may login to the getrave.com site and remove your number, or text the word, "STOP" to 67283.