Remote COMPASS Placement Testing
If you need to take a placement test for Western Oklahoma State College, but at a different location, follow these instructions.
Western Oklahoma State College students who wish to take the COMPASS placement test at a different site other than the Testing Center at Western must complete ALL the following steps. If ANY information is missing, we cannot complete the registration process.
1. Application for admission to Western Oklahoma State College MUST be submitted before taking the remote compass. You will receive your Western student ID number, on the next screen, when you complete the application. Your student ID is also emailed to you. If you have previously completed your application, your student ID number can be found in Campus Connect.
If you have NOT completed your application, click on the following link and submit your application: www.wosc.edu/index.php?page=enroll
2. Locate a remote testing center where you would like to take your test on the following website: http://www.act.org/compass/advant/remote.html
3. Contact Western's Testing Center, by email (email@example.com), and provide ALL the following information (remember, we cannot process without complete information):
a. First name
b. Middle initial
c. Last name
d. WOSC Student ID #
e. Date of birth
f. Complete student address (street, apt. #, city, state, zip)
g. Contact phone number
h. Email address
i. Test(s) you wish to take (Reading, Writing, and/or Math
j. Name of test center where you selected to test
k. Location (Address) of the selected test center
4. When we receive your email with the above information, Western will register you for the tests you chose.
5. You will receive an email from ACT (HVService@act.org) with your registration number and instructions for contacting your selected test center for an appointment. The following information will be included in the email:
a. Registration number
b. Instructions and contact information for making your testing appointment. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT AT THE SELECTED TEST CENTER FOR YOUR EXAMS!
c. If applicable, fee information will be included. Most testing centers will charge for this service.
d. The selected testing center instructions, policies, and procedures.
6. PRINT THE EMAIL TO TAKE WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT!
7. On test day, take the registration information email, testing fee, your Western student ID number, and a current photo ID to your selected testing center at your appointment time.
8. When testing is completed, you must contact the Testing Center at Western by phone (580-477-7921) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and inform the staff that you have completed the testing.
Western cannot give score results or placement status over the telephone!
NATIONAL TEST SITE LINKS: