TESTING AND ASSESSMENT CENTER
Room SSC 206
Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Testing Lab closes 1 (one) hour prior to closing time.
Please allow sufficient time to complete your exam prior to closing.
Testing Office: 580-477-7921
Director (Karla Moore): 580-477-7714
TESTING CENTER MISSION STATEMENT:
The Testing Center seeks to support the educational mission of Western Oklahoma State College by aiding students, faculty, and staff. The Testing Center seeks to provide high quality testing services for students, graduates, and professionals from the surrounding community. We strive to administer tests in a technologically advanced environment to promote satisfaction and achievement in reaching academic and professional goals. Western’s Testing Center subscribes to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers.
The Testing and Assessment Center offers a wide variety of services to Western students and the community. These services include COMPASS placement testing, ACT National and ACT Residual testing, a variety of extra institutional testing (including CLEP and DSST), GED, some FFA exams, proctored exams for Western students, and proctored exams for students enrolled in courses from other institutions. COMPASS placement exams and proctored Western exams are adminisitered on a walk-in basis. CLEP, DSST, ACT Residual, GED, FAA, and proctored exams from other institutions require an appointment. Students may request these services by contacting the Testing Center office at (580) 477-7921, or Karla Moore at (580) 477-7714, or by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Photo identification is MANDATORY for ALL testers.
TESTING CENTER POLICIES
The Testing Center is an important resource for Western Oklahoma State College and the community, serving both students and faculty. The Testing Center at Western is dedicated in providing a secure testing environment and educational integrity. Therefore, these policies will be strictly enforced.
- All examinees must show appropriate photo identification to take any exam. Approved types, but not limited to, are school ID, drivers license, passport, state ID, tribal ID, or military ID.
- Examinees are requested to not bring cell phones, pagers, backpacks, etc. to the Testing Center. However, lockers are available and all items must be locked in the locker.
- No headgear (hats, caps, scarfs, hoodies, etc.) of any kind will be allowed in the Testing Lab.
- The Testing Center is not responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items.
- All examinees must sign in and out on the roster before testing.
- Calculators, notes, books, and note paper will only be allowed according to instructor persmission.
- Pencils and scratch paper will be provided by the Testing Center.
- NO children are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Under no circumstances is an examinee permitted to print, copy, or remove exam material by any means from the Testing Center.
- Cheating in snot allowed and examinees will be asked to stop testing and leve the Testing Center if found cheating. An Incident Report will be completed, the instructor notified immediately, and appropriate actions will be taken.
- Examinees for the Residual ACT arriving after the exam has begun will not be allowed to test.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Testing Lab.
- Any special accommodations needed for testing must be approved through the Counselor.
TESTING CENTER STAFF
- Student Assessment -
Was Last Revised: Wed, 13 Aug 2014