WOSC GreenBucks Card - ID Procedures / Terms
Western Oklahoma State College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the GreenBucks Card. The GreenBucks Card is a multi-functional card which allows you to open an optional checking account that offers free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard signature or pin-based transactions. It’s the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.
A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:
- No monthly service fee
- Easy access to free Herring Bank ATMs on and around campus
- Free access to online banking – check balances and view your checking account statement online from anywhere you have internet access
- Get paid faster – when you request direct deposit of your financial aid and/or direct deposit of your paycheck
Guidelines for Handling Your ID Card
Your GreenBucks Card is a fully functional debit card. It should be treated like any other debit/credit card.
Please adhere to the following:
- Do not expose to direct sunlight
- Do not expose to extreme heat or open flame
- Do not expose to chemicals
- Do not machine wash
- Do not crimp, bend or twist card
- Do not re-laminate
- Do not immerse in liquids of any kind
- Do not puncture
- Do not hole-punch
If you damage your ID card, you do so at your own risk. If damaged, you will have to pay the replacement fee to have another ID card produced.
Need to report a lost or stolen card?
If you have lost your card, contact the Herring Bank Customer Service Center immediately at (866) 348-3435 to prevent theft of the funds in your account. The sooner you report a lost or stolen card can limit your liability and reduce the chance of losing the balance of your account. You will also need to go to the ID Card office (Admissions) for a new card.
GreenBucks Card MasterCard Debit Student ID Card
To enhance a more user-friendly environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing a high quality, single card system that allows efficient access to all card-related services throughout Western Oklahoma State College and to seek new and expanded uses of the card through improved, advanced technology.
The procedure has a college-wide applicability.
Terms are defined as needed within this document.
The GreenBucks Card is the official Western Oklahoma State College picture ID card. In addition to identifying the relationship with Western Oklahoma State College, the card provides access to campus events and activities, residence halls/other buildings, meal plans, and the library. Meal plans may only be used via the ID card or cash must be used to purchase a meal.
1. Who qualifies for a card?
- Faculty & Staff
- Permanent employees of Western Oklahoma State College are entitled to a free GreenBucks Card as a condition of their employment.
2. Expiration of GreenBucks Card
- ID Cards are valid while cardholder still has an active status with Western Oklahoma State College.
3. Procedure on ID Picture taking
- For ID card pictures, Western Oklahoma State College requires individuals to remove any items not worn as part of their daily appearance (i.e. prescription eyeglasses). The only exceptions are items worn for cultural and religious reasons. All bandanas, hats, sunglasses and/or visors, etc. are to be removed before picture is taken.
4. Card Fee Structure:
- Student's First Card
- The cost of the GreenBucks Card for students is included in the Student ID fee billed to your account upon enrollment. This includes the cost of the card and administrative cost associated with production.
- Student's Replacement Card
- A student must pay the Student ID fee again when a replacement ID is issued. All payments must be submitted to the Business Office prior to receiving the replacement ID card.
- Faculty & Staff
- Faculty and Staff are entitled to a free replacement card.
- Free Replacement Cards for Cardholders
- Extreme hardship cases - very rare; dorm fire for example
- If the card is not returned by the ATM during a transaction
5. Responsibilities as a Cardholder
- Deactivating or Reinstating your GreenBucks Card
- Students and other college cardholders do not have to surrender their cards upon discontinuing their employment/association with Western Oklahoma State College. We have an automatic privilege assignment/removal process to enable or disable the ID card. If the card has the banking option, disabling the card would not deactivate the banking feature of the card.
- Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card
- To report a lost or stolen card, please call 1-866-348-3435, 24 hours a day. The cards can be replaced at the ID Card office. If the ID card is also an ATM card, the individual will be asked token questions for verification purposes before the card is canceled.
6. Information Sources
- Website address: www.wosc.edu – GreenBucks ID Card link.
E. Effective Date: Revised 5/2013