Rave Mobile Safety System is our security and safety text/email service for students, parents and employees!
Pioneer Alert System (PAS), Western's combined notification system. It enables us to efficiently send a text and/or email alert message. PAS may also be used for communicating with student organizations, classes or as a vector of communication for important information like school closings, weather or other dangerous situations. You can opt-out at any time and you have complete control of what types of notifications you would like to receive.
- What is the Pioneer Alert System?
- PAS is an emergency notification system capable of sending students and employees text and email messages for school closures, service interruptions, and dangerous situations.
- Can I sign up if I am not a student or employee?
- This service is only for current students and employee's of Western.
- How can I sign up my parents to this service?
- Currently we only allow one personal email and one cell phone, however a student may choose to add a parent/guardian to the personal email address field.
- After I graduate from Western, how do I remove my account?
- If you are still recieving messages after moving on from Western you may reply to the message with STOP, or you may contact IT at (580) 477-7907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What type of messages will I receive?
- Western will only send you messages related to emergencies. You will never receive advertisements and your information is never provided to advertisers.
- Will I receive advertisements or text messaging SPAM?
- No, never. We respect your privacy and you will never receive anything besides official Western communications.
- Who can subscribe/use the service?
- Any student, staff, or faculty member of the Western can subscribe.
- What mobile phone carriers are supported?
- All U.S. mobile carriers are supported.
- What if my cell phone number changes?
- If your mobile number ever changes, please login and update your account details.
- Who do I contact for assistance?
- If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com or call the IT Helpdesk @ (580) 477-7907
- How do I stop getting text messages?
- To stop getting message, you may login and opt-out, or text the word, "STOP" to 226787.