WOSC & ZOOM
Zoom helps universities and schools improve student outcomes with secure video communication services for hybrid classrooms, office hours, administrative meetings, and more.
Why does Western choose to utilize ZOOM?
- HD video and audio provide exceptionalclarity and quality to virtual and hybrid classes.
- Students can join classes virtually, from anydevice, boosting attendance and retention.
- Ensure that everyone can participate equitablywith closed captioning and keyboard shortcuts.
- Collaborating on projects and ideas is easy with one-click content sharing, real-time co-annotation, and digital whiteboarding.
- Video breakout rooms, multi-sharing, polling, and group chats add a new level of engagement to virtual and hybrid classes.
- Easily create and repurpose video content into easily-digested hosted videos that allow students to learn at their own pace.
- Utilize resources and hardware youalready have to expand your capabilities and educational offerings
Student Video - ZOOM Help
You may Join a Meeting Test to begin your Zoom experience.
- Join the test conference
- If you do not already have Zoom installed on your computer, follow the prompts to download and run Zoom. Click on the download file if it does not open automatically and follow the computer prompts to install. Once Zoom is installed, it will open the Zoom window.
- You will then have the option to Join the Audio Conference by the Computer or to view the details to dial in by phone. If this is your first time joining a Zoom meeting, we recommend choosing the option Test your Computer Mic & Speaker. [See more on How to test prior to joining a meeting]
Please visit the Zoom help page for more information on testing your video & audio.
How to Use Zoom Conferencing
Western uses Moodle (Online Course Manager) to initiate Zoom Meetings. Simply login and find your course, click on the Zoom Meeting for that course, then wait for the instructor to start the conference.
Below are relavant how-to videos: