Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can I use Financial Aid?
A: You must be seeking a degree and declare a major from Western in order to receive financial aid with us. We will need transcripts if you do qualify. Transcripts are used to determine what courses have been completed and will apply to the degree you are seeking. Transcripts are also used to monitor how many attempted hours you have. If you will attempt more than 96 credit hours by the time you graduate from Western you are not eligible for Federal aid unless you are approved on a financial aid appeal.
- Q: I cannot see my course even after enrolling, paying, and logging in to online classes?
A: Some instructors will choose to make their courses available early, but all courses are hidden by default until the first day of class.
- Q: Can I get Financial Aid for online classes?
A: If you have already received financial aid at any institution for the current semester you are not elgible to receive aid at another institution. This is regardless of the number of hours enrolled.
If you have not received aid for the current semester, then be sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. After the FAFSA is processed we will contact you with needed paperwork to complete your file. Your file must be completed before aid is awarded.
Click HERE for more Financial Aid FAQ.
- Q: Why is my Student ID and PIN number not working to log into my online class?
A: You must log into Campus Connect and retrieve your online username and password. After logging into Campus Connect, go to demographic data and scroll down to find your online username and password. Click here for instructions on how to access your class.
- Q: Why was my debit card declined?
A: Banks impose daily spending limits and you may need to contact your bank to raise the limit.
- Q: Why was my credit card declined?
A: Many card companies have a security feature built in to decline if the customer's address in our system does not match your credit card billing address. You may need to contact your credit card company
- Q: Why is my account balance $15?
A: This may happen if you have dropped a course or were dropped by WOSC. The $15 balance is the non-refundable application for admission fee. You will need to re-enroll.
- Q: Where can I get my books?
A: Our Bookstore or www.amazon.com or www.half.com.
- Q: When and where can I request a transcript?
A: Request your transcript as early as you can by going to this link .
- Q: If I drop the course, how do I request a refund?
- Q: I can't contact my instructor?
A: You will need to call the helpdesk at 580.477.7907 and they will do their best to get in contact with your instructor. All instructor email addresses can be found in their respective course(s).
- Q: Can I get accomodations for my disability?
A: Please click here to read the instructions for ADA accomodations for online students.
- Q: What student performs best in the 4 week format?
- A: Students that are not a first time entering students, not taking developmental classes, and not enrolled in several hours. It will require approximately 30 hours a week to devote to a 3 credit hour online 4 week class. Speak with an advisor to make sure your schedule is the best fit for your success!