DEADLINE - MARCH 1
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS IS MARCH 1, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOME PERFORMANCE AND AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIPS. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE MARCH 1 DEADLINE, WILL BE CONSIDERED IF FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE. SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS ARE FOR THE FOLLOWING FALL AND SPRING SEMESTERS.
WOSC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Presidential Academic Scholarships
PRESIDENTIAL ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship will be awarded to first time entering freshmen with ACT scores of 23 or higher. In order to carry over four semesters, the student must enroll in and complete at least 12 hours each semester and maintain a 3.00 Grade Point Average. Total amount of the awards are as follows:
- ACT 28 and above - Total amount of award will be $2,400. ($600 each semester)
- ACT 26 to 27 - Total amount of award will be $2,000. ($500 each semester)
- ACT 23 to 25 - Total amount of award will be $1,600. ($400 each semester)
TOP 100 SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship will be awarded to first time entering freshmen who are in the top 10% of his/her high school class. In order to carry over four semesters, the student must enroll in and complete at least 12 hours each semester and maintain a 3.00 Grade Point Average. Total amount of award will be $2,400. ($600 each semester)
Western Tuition Waiver Scholarships, Agriculture Scholarships, Athletic Scholarships and Music Scholarships are available for application to interested students. Please contact the appropriate department for consideration and additional information. Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Scholarships are available to out-of-state students who apply. Please contact the Admissions Office for consideration.
Policy and Procedures for Students on Scholarship
1. Enroll in a program that leads to a certificate or degree.
2. Have an advisor who will help guide them through their program in the allotted time frame.
3. Meet the required academic standards.
|Credit hours attempted||Cumulative GPA Requirements*|
|0-30 Semester Credit Hours||1.7|
|31 or More Semester Credit Hours||2.0|
All courses in which a student has a recorded grade will be counted in the calculation of the grade point average for retention purposes.
EXCEPTION: Academic scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.00 Grade Point Average.
4. In order to redeem a scholarship, the student must go by the Office of Financial Aid and have the scholarship credit entered into the computer prior to completing payment through the Business Office.
Child Care Provider Scholarship
http://www.okhighered.org/scholars/forms/web-app-all.pdf For more information contact the Scholars Coordinator, Shanna McBride at 580-477-7828 or by email,email@example.com. This scholarship is available to childcare providers working at least 30 hours a week in a licensed and contracted 1 star plus facility in Oklahoma, earn less than $15 an hour, and have been employed for at least 6 months. This scholarship is renewable and is for 70% tuition and fees and 100% of books. (See application or scholar coordinator on campus for eligibility requirements.)
Look for Scholarships Online:
- FINANCIAL AID -