DEADLINE - MARCH 2
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS IS MARCH 2, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SOME PERFORMANCE AND AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIPS. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE MARCH DEADLINE, WILL BE CONSIDERED IF FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE. SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS ARE FOR THE FOLLOWING FALL AND SPRING SEMESTERS.
WOSC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Presidential Academic Scholarships
PRESIDENTIAL ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship will be awarded to first time entering freshmen with ACT scores of 23 or higher. In order to carry over four semesters, the student must enroll in and complete at least 12 hours each semester and maintain a 3.00 Grade Point Average. Total amount of the awards are as follows:
- ACT 28 and above - Total amount of award will be $2,400. ($600 each semester)
- ACT 26 to 27 - Total amount of award will be $2,000. ($500 each semester)
- ACT 23 to 25 - Total amount of award will be $1,600. ($400 each semester)
TOP 100 SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship will be awarded to first time entering freshmen who are in the top 10% of his/her high school class. In order to carry over four semesters, the student must enroll in and complete at least 12 hours each semester and maintain a 3.00 Grade Point Average. Total amount of award will be $2,400. ($600 each semester)
Western Tuition Waiver Scholarships, Agriculture Scholarships, Athletic Scholarships and Music Scholarships are available for application to interested students. Please contact the appropriate department for consideration and additional information. Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Scholarships are awarded to all out-of-state students who enroll.
Policy and Procedures for Students on Scholarship
- Scholarship forms may be completed online via the WOSC financial aid web page or paper applications are also available.
- A scholarship may be a flat amount, or for a specified number of hours. You must reapply for most scholarships each academic year.
- Students that apply for scholarships are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so they might be awarded all the financial help they are eligible to receive. An online application is available at www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
- Students who are awarded scholarships will be notified by mail by the end of March for the next fall.
- Students who enroll for less than full time will have their scholarship amount pro-rated according to enrollment.
- In order to redeem a scholarship, the student much go by the Office of Financial Aid and have the scholarship credit entered into the computer prior to completing payment through the Business Office.
Child Care Provider Scholarship
http://www.okhighered.org/scholars/forms/web-app-all.pdf For more information contact the Scholars Coordinator, Shanna McBride at 580-477-7828 or by email,firstname.lastname@example.org. This scholarship is available to childcare providers working at least 30 hours a week in a licensed and contracted 1 star plus facility in Oklahoma, earn less than $15 an hour, and have been employed for at least 6 months. This scholarship is renewable and is for 70% tuition and fees and 100% of books. (See application or scholar coordinator on campus for eligibility requirements.)
Look for Scholarships Online: