Tuition Waiver Scholarship Available for High School Seniors
Seniors who are eligible to enroll as concurrent students are eligible to receive a tuition waiver scholarship. This tuition waiver scholarship is for tuition only with a maximum of 6 credit hours per semester. Seniors are eligible to receive the tuition waiver after completing their junior year in high school respectively.
Western Oklahoma State College's tuition is currently $95.45 per semester hour, which means that qualifying high school seniors can potentially save a total of $1718.10 for the summer, fall and spring semesters of their senior year combined and earn up to 18 credit hours.
Students will be responsible for paying all enrollment fees, which total $38.75 per semester credit hour. In other words, a student could expect to pay $116.25 per three-hour on-campus course or $221.25 per three-hour online/ITV course--in addition to the cost of a book and supplies.
Concurrent enrollment is the opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to earn college credit while still in high school.
High School Juniors and Seniors qualify for concurrent enrollment by
- Earning an ACT composite of 19 or higher
- OR having a high school grade point average of 3.0
- Additionally, students must have earned an ACT subscore of 19 in the curricular area in which they wish to enroll or take appropriate Accuplacer tests and score high enough to place into college level courses.
A student may continue enrollment at Western Oklahoma State College or may transfer credits to another institution in the Oklahoma state system, provided that the student has achieved a college grade point average of 2.0.
To remain eligible for concurrent enrollment, a student must meet the minimum criteria:
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in all college courses.
- Remain enrolled in at least three semester hours in college.
Concurrent Enrollment Procedures
- Complete and submit the online application for admission. A one-time $20 application fee is charged at the time of enrollment in courses.
- Submit a High School Enrollment Verification Form.
- Submit official high school transcript and ACT or SAT score, or take appropriate Accuplacer tests.
- Submit a copy of your High School Class Schedule.
- Call 580.477.2000 for more information.