Current Students

Student Complaint Process

Western Oklahoma State College is committed to an educational environment that is free from interference and disruption, and that fosters equity and mutual respect.

How to File Complaint

The following administrative processes are available to individuals who believe that they have been treated unfairly or that their rights have been violated:

  1. Complaints and Complaint Log Statement: College Catalog
  2. Academic Appeal: College Catalog
  3. Compliance Complaints: College Catalog
  4. Information Technology and Computer/Network Use Policy: College Catalog

Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved at the campus/district level. Individuals are strongly encouraged to make every attempt to resolve matters through the appropriate administrative processes. Matters that are not resolved internally may be processed by using the following agencies in the order described below.

Please use this form to initiate any student complaint.

Complaint Form

Issues not resolved at the institutional level may be directed to the home state authorization reciprocity agreement portal agency of the institution against which the complaint has been logged. For institutions with the principal campus or central administrative unit domiciled in Oklahoma, the portal agency is the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Students attending a public or private (not-for-profit or for-profit) institution should pursue concerns directly with the institution according to its dispute resolution or complaints policy. Dispute resolution or complaints policies are usually published in the institution's catalog or student handbook and/or posted on the institution's webpage.

If the institution has responded, but the student disagrees with the response, the student may elect to follow the institution's dispute resolution or complaints policy for taking the complaint to a higher administrative level within the institution, such as the dean of the college or chief academic or student affairs administrator. It is important to examine the policy carefully in effort to know when the student has exhausted the appeals process.

If the student pursues the complaint via the institution's formal procedures for complaints to the highest level possible and still perceives the concerns have not been adequately addressed, the student may file a complaint against a higher education institution in Oklahoma with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE). (OSRHE Website)

Contact the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) if your complaint is associated with the institution's compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards. HLC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of Western Oklahoma State College.

If you are a Texas resident taking courses and an issue cannot be solved by Western's internal processes, you may choose to file a complaint with your state. (

If you are an out of state student and an issue cannot be solved by Western's internal processes, you may choose to file a complaint with your state of residence.

Students attending WOSC through SARA who feel that WOSC has not satisfactorily addressed their complaint may contact the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education through the process found here: More information about complaints from SARA students can be found here:



What is Western Oklahoma State College?

  • About

    Western Oklahoma State College, established as Altus Junior College in 1926, is the oldest original municipal two-year college still in existence in Oklahoma...
    [About WOSC]
  • Vision

    Western Oklahoma State College aspires to be the outstanding and innovative community college known for its focus on student success and its service to community and regional development.
  • Mission

    The mission of Western Oklahoma State College is to provide high quality education while ensuring equity, supporting student success, and empowering individuals to become productive members of diverse local, regional, and global communities.