ITV (Distance Learning)
Western provides interactive video instruction at sites throughout Oklahoma. Inaugurated in 1996, Interactive Television (ITV) links students and teachers together as one class in rooms that are sometimes over 100 miles apart.
How to Enroll
- High school students: Read the Concurrent Student requirements, then contact your school Counselor.
- School Counselors & Tech. Centers: Contact Maegan Martin, College and High School Relations Specialist at (580) 477-7875, with the semester, section number and how many eligible students are requesting each section number
(ex: Fall, 24469, 6 students).
- Post-Associates Degree Students (Bachelor / Master): Contact the University instructor &/or their Distance Learning department to request ITV courses sent to Western.
If there is enough requests, and available ITV room space, it is possible to move a regular face-to-face class not listed as ITV to an ITV equipped room.
Fill out the ITV request form.
Commonly Requested ITV Classes:
College Algebra | American History | Psychology | English Comp. I & II | Federal Government | Economics | Accounting | General Humanities | Public Speaking
Who can receive Western classes?
High Schools and Tech. Centers in our 5 county area are approved locations to receive ITV courses from Western. Special permission is needed if outside of these counties; Jackson, Tillman, Kiowa, Greer, Harmon.
Below is an approved list of schools Western can send & receive classes via ITV:
(Both in and out of our 5 county area)
- Fredrick (GPTC)
- Hobart (Western Technology Center)
- Lawton (GPTC)
- Southwestern Technology Center (SWTC)
Distance Learning Partners
WOSC ITV Facilities
How it works:
A request is made for a Fall College Algebra class at 9am (ex: Fall, 24469, 6 students). That request gets put into the Dean's system to be given an assigned section number (specifically for that site and for that class). Once the section number is created, the amount of students requested from that site can then sign-up for that class.
Western IT will then ensure that site has the equipment necessary for an ITV connection.
Successfully enrolled ITV students will attend class in the prospective school's ITV classroom and will be checked for roll call at the start of every class. Assignments can be turned in via Email, online classes (Moodle), or given to the Counselor depending on the instructor teaching.
Request a course for ITV