Congratulations on your spring graduation from Western Oklahoma State College! You are invited to be a part of the celebration that our commencement exercises represent in this milestone of your life.
Friday, May 13, 2022, at 7:00 p.m.
Western Oklahoma State College gymnasium
Thursday, May 12 at 2:00 p.m.
Western Oklahoma State College gymnasium
Graduation Application and Assessment
Completing a Graduation Application lets the Registrar’s Office know you have completed your degree requirements and are ready to be processed for graduation. This initiates a review of your academic record to determine if you have met all requirements necessary to be awarded your degree.
May graduation – March 1
July graduation – June 1
December Graduates – October 1
*Every effort will be made to process graduation applications received after the deadline for the current semester. Applications received after April 15 will not appear in the Commencement Program due to printing timelines.
You may verify your graduation application has been received and is under review below. Please allow 7-10 days after submitting your application for processing. If you do not see your name after 7-10 days have passed, please contact us at (580) 477-7717.
Once final grades have been posted for the semester and all graduation requirements have been verified complete, you will be awarded your degree.
Graduation Assessment Exam
Why do I need to take the assessment?
Students must complete the Graduation Assessment to be cleared for graduation. This online assessment is very important for collecting outcome data for Western. Our continued accreditation depends on our ability to report this information, so completion of the assessment is required.
Students who complete the assessment and submit their graduation application by April 1st for Spring graduation or November 1st for Fall graduation will be entered into a drawing for a $250 Visa Gift Card. To be entered in the drawing, you will upload your assessment score report to the graduation application as you complete it.
How to complete the Graduation Assessment Exam:
Step 1: Go to: http://etsreadiness.ets.org/
Step 2: Scroll down to number 2. “Download the ETS Online Testing Browser” and click on the blue box to download it. This will take you to a new page where you’ll click the blue “DOWNLOAD” box. (Hint: you may need to click “run” to allow it to run on your computer)
Step 3: Enter Western’s Session Number: 701943-138204423
If you already have an ETS account, sign in. If you do not, create a new account.
Commencement Ceremony Information
December graduates are invited to participate in the following May’s Commencement Ceremony. You will receive your diploma and your graduation will be noted on your transcript following degree conferral in December, but if you wish to participate in the ceremony, please join us in May!
Cap & Gown Purchase
If you are receiving a degree and wish to take part in commencement, you will need to purchase your cap and gown in the campus bookstore. The bookstore will be open until 4:30 on the day of graduation, however, we recommend you purchase your cap and gown well in advance to ensure you get the correct size.
Green & Gold Co (WOSC Bookstore)
Open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
PTK Honor Cords
Date/Time: Thursday, May 12, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Western Oklahoma State College gymnasium
- Graduates are expected to attend the rehearsal.
- Name cards - At commencement rehearsal, a card will be provided to each graduate to write his or her name on for the announcers to read during the ceremony. The graduate should write their name exactly as they desire it to be announced. The Faculty Senate president will read each graduate’s name as they cross the stage to receive their diploma cover.
Date/Time: Friday, May 13, 2022, at 5:45 p.m.
Location: Western Oklahoma State College Admissions Counter
Check-in and line up
- Students will check in at the Admissions Counter and pick up their name card.
- Honor graduates (4.0 GPA) will be at the front of the aligned graduates. All other graduates will be aligned in a first come basis at the time of line up.
- Graduates must wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony.
- Caps should be worn so that the top is flat (horizontal to the floor).
- Your tassel should be worn on the right side of your cap. During the ceremony, Dr. Wiginton will tell you when to move it to the left side.
- You may tastefully decorate your cap if you choose to do so. Decorations should be limited to items that lay flat on the top of your cap such as stickers, fabric, or jewels.
A photographer will be available during the line-up and ceremony to take photos of graduates. Photos in the lineup area will begin at 5:00pm if you would like to come early and take a photo. Ceremony photos will take place as you cross the stage and receive your diploma cover. Please check back here after the ceremony for ordering information.
Disability or Injury Accommodations for Graduates
If you have a disability or injury that may require an accommodation or assistance, please contact the Vice President of Student Support Services at 477-7918 to make arrangements.
Diplomas & Certificates
Diplomas and certificates will be mailed approximately 4-6 weeks after graduation for all candidates that successfully completed their degree requirements.