Congratulations on your spring graduation from Western Oklahoma State College! You are invited to be a part of the celebration that our commencement exercises represent in this milestone of your life.
Friday, May 10, 2024, at 7:00 p.m.
Western Oklahoma State College gymnasium
Thursday, May 9, 2024 at 2:00 p.m.
Western Oklahoma State College gymnasium
Completing a Graduation Application lets the Registrar’s Office know you have completed your degree requirements and are ready to be processed for graduation. This initiates a review of your academic record to determine if you have met all requirements necessary to be awarded your degree.
Current Students - apply for graduation in MyWestern.
Reverse Transfer or former students - please contact the Office of the Registrar to apply (580-477-7717 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduation Application Deadlines*:
May graduation – March 1
July graduation – June 1
December Graduates – October 1
*Every effort will be made to process graduation applications received after the deadline for the current semester. Applications received after April 15 may not appear in the Commencement Program due to printing timelines.
Commencement Ceremony Information
December graduates are invited to participate in the following May’s Commencement Ceremony. You will receive your diploma and your graduation will be noted on your transcript following degree conferral in December, but if you wish to participate in the ceremony, please join us in May!
Cap & Gown Purchase
Cap and gowns will be available to purchase online through Green & Gold Co. There will be a direct ordering link through Jostens soon.
The order deadline will be April 6 and the orders will be available for pick up at the gift shop beginning May 1st.
Graduation gifts will also be available to purchase in the gift shop.
PTK Honor Cords
Please contact the PTK Advisors (Meredith Brocklehurst) to purchase PTK honor cords.
Date/Time: Thursday, May 9, at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Western Oklahoma State College gymnasium
- Graduates are expected to attend the rehearsal.
- Name cards - At commencement rehearsal, a card will be provided to each graduate to write his or her name on for the announcers to read during the ceremony. The graduate should write their name exactly as they desire it to be announced. The Faculty Senate president will read each graduate’s name as they cross the stage to receive their diploma cover.
Date/Time: Friday, May 10, at 6:00 p.m.
Location: Western Oklahoma State College Front Lobby ( Pioneer Central ) Counter
Check-in and line up
- Students will check in at the Pioneer Central Counter and pick up their name card.
- Honor graduates (4.0 GPA) will be at the front of the aligned graduates. All other graduates will be aligned in a first come basis at the time of line up.
- Graduates must wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony.
- Caps should be worn so that the top is flat (horizontal to the floor).
- Your tassel should be worn on the right side of your cap. During the ceremony, Dr. Wiginton will tell you when to move it to the left side.
- You may tastefully decorate your cap if you choose to do so. Decorations should be limited to items that lay flat on the top of your cap such as stickers, fabric, or jewels.
A photographer will be available during the line-up and ceremony to take photos of graduates. Photos in the lineup area will begin at 5:30pm if you would like to come early and take a photo. Ceremony photos will take place as you cross the stage and receive your diploma cover. Please check back here after the ceremony for ordering information.
Disability or Injury Accommodations for Graduates
If you have a disability or injury that may require an accommodation or assistance, please contact the Vice President of Student Affairs at 477-7925 to make arrangements.
Diplomas & Certificates
Diplomas and certificates will be mailed approximately 4-6 weeks after graduation for all candidates that successfully completed their degree requirements.
What is Western Oklahoma State College?
AboutWestern Oklahoma State College, established as Altus Junior College in 1926, is the oldest original municipal two-year college still in existence in Oklahoma...
VisionWestern Oklahoma State College aspires to be the outstanding and innovative community college known for its focus on student success and its service to community and regional development.
MissionThe mission of Western Oklahoma State College is to provide high quality education while ensuring equity, supporting student success, and empowering individuals to become productive members of diverse local, regional, and global communities.