Enrollment Procedures & Information
Admission to WOSC
- New students need to fill out and submit the Online Admission Application.
- Next, submit your official high school transcript or GED and your ACT scores. Also, submit all official college transcripts if you have attended other colleges.
- Students may enroll for the first semester without all documents on file; however, they will not be allowed to enroll for a second term until all required documents are on file in the Admissions Office.
New Student Information
- Returning students may enroll online after consulting with their academic advisors.
- New students need to fill out and submit the online Admissions Application.
- After the application has been submitted, you will then receive your new WOSC student ID and PIN for Campus Connect. It is important to save this information!
- Fill out and mail us the Admissions Intake Sheet.
- Submit your official high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores.
- Submit all official college transcripts if you have attended other colleges.
- When ordering transcripts to come to Western they must be received by one of the following methods to be considered official.
1. Sealed in an official school envelope from the school you attended. (Unofficial if opened).
2. Electronically sent as a PDF to Western's official account from the school you attended through one of the approved entities listed below. (Unofficial if sent to an individual email account).
-National Student Clearing House
- Students under the age of 21 that have not taken the ACT or have scored less than 19 in English, Math, Science, or Reading will be required to take the Accuplacer placement test before enrolling.
- Students under the age of 21 that take the Accuplacer placement test will still be required to take the ACT and submit the scores to the Office of Admissions before they can enroll for a second term.
Testing & Student Assessment
Students are encouraged to come in and complete their Accuplacer placement testing at their earliest convenience. Need for testing is determined by your ACT scores. Testing is done on a walk in basis. If you require Accuplacer placement testing, it must be done before you enroll for your first semester. Students under the age of 21 who have not taken the ACT or have scored less than 19 in English, math, science or reading will be required to take the Accuplacer placement test before enrolling the first time.
Come to the admissions information desk if you need assistance with your online application or testing requirements.
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
- Degree Check Request
- Course Equivalency Guide (Matrix)
- Testing and Assessment
- High School Enrollment Verification Form
- Military Transcripts Joint Service Transcript (JST).
- GPA Calculator (The following GPA Calculator is a useful tool provided by an outside source. Western is not responsible for the content within this site. The GPA information is only as accurate as the information provided by the student.)
Regular Hours ........................Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Summer Hours....................Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm