Agriculture Science Ag Ambassadors
Agriculture Science Ag Ambassadors
The Agriculture Student Ambassador Program at Western Oklahoma State College (WOSC) is a leadership opportunity for students dedicated to serving and representing the Agriculture Department and WOSC. Student ambassadors will serve as representatives for the Agriculture Department and perform duties at various campus and community events.
What does an Ag Ambassador do?
- Welcome and greet perspective Agriculture students that visit the WOSC campus.
- Provide various services and referrals to the campus.
- Assist, when necessary, the WOSC Ambassadors with tours for new students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent WOSC during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to Agriculture Department events.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful agriculture student.
- Assist with Agriculture Department recruiting events on and off campus.
- Attend monthly Agriculture Student Ambassador meetings.
- Enroll in and successfully complete Personal Leadership in Agriculture (AGRI 2333) course at WOSC.
- Attend and assist with required Ag Department events and activities each semester.
- Assist with all other Agriculture Department duties as assigned.
What are the benefits of becoming an Ag Ambassador?
As an Ag Ambassador, students will develop a wide range of transferable skills that will benefit each student. Employers, colleges, and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! Ag Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that help build your resume, university and scholarship applications. You will earn letters of recommendation, get connected to and serve your campus and department, as well as help students and the community learn more about the Agriculture Department at Western.
Becoming an Agriculture Student Ambassador…
- Must be currently enrolled at Western Oklahoma State College as a full-time student.
- Must have declared an Agriculture major with Admissions.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Demonstrate strong communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline, and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to attend the required events and activities as outlined in duties and responsibilities.
- Are positive.
- Excel at communicating with others.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Exhibit a positive image while representing the Agriculture Department and WOSC.
- Are open to learning new things.
- Have a commitment to diversity and cultural pluralism.
- Are selected to represent WOSC Agriculture Department for 2 academic years (as long as the student continues to meet the qualifications and responsibilities of the Ag Ambassador Program).
- Will receive a tuition waiver scholarship each semester.
COMPLETE THE AGRICULTURE STUDENT AMBASSADOR APPLICATION BELOW
What is Western Oklahoma State College?
AboutWestern Oklahoma State College, established as Altus Junior College in 1926, is the oldest original municipal two-year college still in existence in Oklahoma...
VisionWestern Oklahoma State College aspires to be the outstanding and innovative community college known for its focus on student success and its service to community and regional development.
MissionThe mission of Western Oklahoma State College is to provide high quality education while ensuring equity, supporting student success, and empowering individuals to become productive members of diverse local, regional, and global communities.