ARP Student Reporting
On March 11, 2021, the American Rescue Plan (ARP) was passed by Congress to provide economic relief from COVID-19. The ARP established the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) to be used by colleges and universities for emergency financial aid grants to students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the pandemic. Students who meet basic eligibility criteria below will receive a cash grant.
Based upon guidelines from the U.S. Department of Education, Western has determined which students are eligible for ARP funding.
Must be enrolled in Fall 2021 classes
These grants, which do not have to be repaid, are intended to provide funds for students to cover unforeseen expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus, including but not limited to food, housing, healthcare, and course-related materials or services, such as technology.
Western Oklahoma State College has been appropriated $1,234,698 for distribution to qualified students. These funds have been disbursed according to the number of eligible credit hours enrolled in for the fall 2021 semester. The distribution will be $86.67 per credit hour for all eligible students and an additional $50.34 per credit hour for PELL Grant recipients.
If you are eligible, you should have received funds through direct deposit or check, according to the method of distribution that you chose in your Campus Connect portal. If you have questions, please contact the Student Billing office at (580) 477-7730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Higher Education Emergency Relief III Fund Reporting- Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
- Western Oklahoma State College signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated under the ARP (a)(4) program to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- Western Oklahoma State College has received $1,234,698 from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of 12/1/2021, Western Oklahoma State College has distributed the total amount of $1,234,730.16 to students under the ARP (a)(1) program.
- 1,276 is the total number of students at Western Oklahoma State College eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the ARP (a)(4) program.
- 1,276 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the ARP (a)(4) program as of 12/1/2021.
- See above for the method used by the Western Oklahoma State College to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the ARP (a)(4) program.