Open Records Act
Should you have question regarding the open records request process or a request you have submitted, email email@example.com
Schedule of Applicable Fees
The Western Oklahoma State College (WOSC), in accordance with the Oklahoma Open Records Act (51 0.S. § 24A.1 et seq.), may charge a fee for recovery of its reasonable direct costs of record copying or mechanical reproduction of records subject to inspection and copying under the Act. In addition, if the request is solely for a commercial purpose or would clearly cause excessive disruption of WOSC’s essential functions, WOSC may charge an additional fee to recover its direct cost of record search and copying. WOSC’s fees for such purposes are as follows:
- Fee Schedule for Costs of Reproduction:
- $0.25 per page for photocopies of records up to 8 1/2" x 14" or smaller.
- Copies of other media (e.g. CD-ROM, flash drive, etc.) shall be the actual cost of reproduction, including the cost of the media and labor.
- Fee Schedule for Requests Subject to Additional Recovery Costs:
- $50 per hour fee for commercial requests those that cause excessive disruption of office functions (WOSC defines an "excessive disruption" request as one that requires more than one (1) hour of employee work time to compile).
- $80 per hour fee when computer programming is required on a customized request (fee is set by Office of Management and Enterprise Services).
- $85 per hour fee when additional legal support is required (fee is the rate charged to state agencies for legal support by the Office of the Attorney General)
WOSC reserves the right to recover the actual cost of record search and copying, including labor, if the information requested is not readily available or requires an extended amount of time to retrieve. If you submit a request that is subject to additional recovery costs, you will be provided with an estimate before work begins.
All fees for copies, including delivery fees, must be paid by check or money order, payable to WOSC, before the documents are provided.