All Nursing Applications for General and LPN to RN students are opened for completion. Please send supporting documents with All applications.
New Student Orientation will be held in June 2021
- (Read below before clicking on the application links)
- General Student Nursing Application
- Re-Admission Nursing Application
- LPN to RN Student Application
- Transfer Nursing Student Application
2021 Admission HESI A2 with Critical Thinking- Admission Exam Schedule
HESI A2 with Critical Thinking entrance exam testing begins January 19, 2021 thru February 28, 2021!
Students interested in taking the HESI Nursing entrance exam will:
1. Pay for the HESI exam through WOSC Business Office in person, or by phone. If paying by phone, call (580) 477-7955. Please allow one business day if paying by phone for the order to be processed and receive by the nursing department.
2. To schedule the exam in person, please bring paid receipt to nursing department on Altus campus, Technical Education building, roomTE-10. If paid by phon call(580) 477-7830.
Note the nursing department business hours: Monday thru Fridays except on holidays, from 9am - 3pm.
Click here for the 2021 nursing pre-admission (HESI A2 with critical thinking) exam schedule
Math and Reading Boot camp is offered in January annually to students who are interested in working on improving their Math and Reading scores on the pre-admission exam. The dates will be posted in December annually. The Math and Reading Boot Camp is only offered at the Altus campus, and is free to students planning on applying to the nursing program. To register for the Boot Camp, please call (580) 477-7830.
Please review: go to the Forms and Resources page for the 2021 Math and Reading Boot camp schedule, HESI A2 with critical thinking Information, and HEIS PN - ADN mobility exam information
LPN to RN Mobility Exam for Advanced Standing LPN's
Students who have completed a practical nursing program and hold a valid unencumbered LPN license may apply for advanced standing credit for NURS 1119. All LPNs seeking advanced standing entry into NURS 2219 (Nursing III) must complete the HESI PN - ADN Mobility Exam with the desired minimum passing score of 750 or better. LPNs seeking Advanced Standing entry into NURS 1129 (Nursing II), may opt out of the Mobility testing and apply for Advanced Standing Entry into NURS 1129.
Mobility testing is only required for advanced standing credit for NURS 2219. This includes the HESI PN - ADN Mobility CLEP exam for LPN students seeking Advanced Standing Entry into Nursing III or the Sophomore year of the program.
Applicants that are currently licensed as Practical Nurses/Vocational Nurses interested in testing out of Nursing II, freshmen year of the program will need to:
1. Review the HESI PN - ADN Mobility Information on the Forms and Resources link
2. Read the Program Advanced Standing Policy & Procedures for LPN students
3. Email the program Director for instructions on how to order, pay, and schedule the mobility exam.
Emails and calls answered during business day/hours M - F 09:00am - 3:30pm, except on weekends, holidays, breaks, etc.
Application Process & Information:
Please read all application carefully. Anyone wishing to be considered for admission to the nursing program must complete a new application.
Application packets must be completed to be considered form admission and MUST include:
- Completed appropriate online application, and application fee paid.
- ALL official college and high-school transcripts; LPN school transcripts- (LPNs only) submitted to the WOSC Admissions/Registrars’ office AND the Nursing Education Department
- Official Degree Check with the WOSC Registrar/Admission Office completed (please note that the Registrar office will need to have all official college transcripts and your degree check request form on file to process your degree check and post for the nursing education department)
Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
Per the Director of Admissions: Students will need to turn in official college transcripts from all colleges you have attended including Cameron University. Only original transcripts will be accepted. Do not provide copies. Students are NOT required to submit official WOSC transcripts. Unofficial WOSC transcripts will be acceptable.
If you are submitting an electronic official transcript, only the WOSC Registrar office can receive/accept electronic transcripts. Please do not send electronic transcripts to the nursing education department.
Students may submit one official transcript for each of the colleges and high school attended, however, it is recommended that two official copies of each be sent to the college- one to the Department of Nursing Education, and the Second to the WOSC Admissions office. If only one official transcript of each is being mailed, then please submit to the office of Admissions, and request a copy be sent to the nursing education department.
Beginning 2021 -2022, (not this application period, i.e. 2020- 2021), a required minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale, and a required minimum course grade of "C" or better for all pre- and co-requisite courses will be required for entry.
WOSC pre-nursing students are strongly encouraged to make an appointment with their nursing faculty advisor at least once a semester. Appointments can be made by calling any of our campuses or emailing one of the advisors closest to your hometown:
All Campus Nursing Fax# - 1-580-477-7862