General Students and LPN-to-RN Students
Applications are currently closed.
Preadmission Nursing Entrance Testing
Preadmission Nursing Exam (HESI A2 with Critical Thinking Exam) is proctored and administered via ProctorU by approval from the Nursing Education Department.
Applicants interested in scheduling and taking the exam, please email email@example.com with your request and contact information.
HESI A2 with Critical Thinking Preadmission Testing opens annually in the spring semester.
Students interested in taking the HESI Nursing entrance exam will:
1. Pay for the HESI exam through ProctorU. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
2. To schedule the exam through ProctorU with nursing invite. Contact email@example.com for further instructions.
Note the nursing department business hours: Monday thru Fridays except on holidays, from 9am - 3:30pm.
LPN to RN Mobility Exam for Advanced Standing LPN's
Students who have completed a practical nursing program and hold a valid unencumbered LPN license may apply for advanced standing credit for NURS 1119. All LPNs seeking advanced standing entry into NURS 2219 (Nursing III) must complete the HESI LPN - RN Entrance (Mobility) Exam testing and apply for Advanced Standing Entry into NURS 1129.
Mobility testing is only required for advanced standing credit for NURS 2219. This includes the HESI LPN -RN Entrance Mobility CLEP exam for LPN students seeking Advanced Standing Entry into Nursing III or the Sophomore year of the program.
Applicants that are currently licensed as Practical Nurses/Vocational Nurses interested in testing out of Nursing II, freshmen year of the program will need to:
1. Review the Mobility exam information on the Forms and Resources link
2. Read the Program Advanced Standing Policy & Procedures for LPN students
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and instructions about paying, scheduling, and taking
Emails and calls answered during business day/hours M - F 09:00am - 3:30pm, except on weekends, holidays, breaks, etc.
Application Process & Information:
Please read the Nursing Application carefully. Anyone wishing to be considered for admission to the nursing program must complete a new application.
Application packets must be completed to be considered form admission and MUST include:
- HESI A2 with Critical Thinking preadmission transcripts with applicable scores
- Copies of High School Diploma/GED transcript(s)
- Copies of all colleges attended transcripts
- Academic Success Entrance Essay
- Two completed WOSC Professional Reference Forms
- Supporting documents as indicated in application packet for preferential points
- Optional additional items required for Advanced Standing Entry
- LPN Mobility Exam Transcript(s) with appropriate scores
- Copy of LPN License & License Verification
Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
Per the Director of Admissions: Students will need to turn in official college transcripts from all colleges you have attended including Cameron University. Only original transcripts will be accepted at WOSC Admission Office. Electronic transcripts for WOSC Admission office send to email@example.com. Do not provide copies. Students are NOT required to submit official WOSC transcripts and college transcripts to the nursing department if they official copies are on file with WOSC Admissions & Registrar's office. Unofficial college transcripts will be acceptable for the nursing application if all official transcripts are on file and transcribed on the WOSC unofficial college transcript.
If you are submitting an electronic official transcript to the nursing department, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WOSC pre-nursing students are strongly encouraged to make an appointment with their nursing faculty advisor at least once a semester. Appointments can be made by calling any of our campuses or emailing one of the advisors closest to your hometown:
All Campus Nursing Fax# - 1-580-477-7862
What is Western Oklahoma State College?
AboutWestern Oklahoma State College, established as Altus Junior College in 1926, is the oldest original municipal two-year college still in existence in Oklahoma...
VisionWestern Oklahoma State College aspires to be the outstanding and innovative community college known for its focus on student success and its service to community and regional development.
MissionThe mission of Western Oklahoma State College is to provide high quality education while ensuring equity, supporting student success, and empowering individuals to become productive members of diverse local, regional, and global communities.