ProctorU Student Information
ProctorU is an online proctoring service for online exams available through Moodle. This is a convenient option for students who used to travel to a testing center to take a proctored exam. With ProctorU, you can take your exam from any location where you have a computer with a webcam and high speed internet service.
How does ProctorU work?
For each exam, you will schedule an appointment through the ProctorU service. At the time of your exam, you will connect by video chat with a proctor at ProctorU who will check your identity and help you through the exam process. They will be able to see your screen as you take the exam in Moodle and help with any technical difficulties.
To take an exam with ProctorU, you will need a web cam, a headset or speakers and microphone, and a high speed Internet connection. Full technical requirements are listed below.
ProctorU will ask the examinee to enter their credit or debit card into a secure page that is connected to a third party card processor. Any applicable charges to the examinee shall be paid with a credit card. The page is encrypted and secure, and ProctorU does not see or store the credit card data. Examinees will have to enter their credit card information each time they need to be charged.
The Flex Scheduling option allows students to make their appointment at least 72 in advance of their desired start time. Take it Soon gives the student the option to schedule their test within 72 hours of the chosen start time and Take it Now allows them to take the test on demand with no appointment needed.
|Flex Scheduling||Take it Soon||Take it Now|
|30 Minutes or Less||$8.75||$13.75||$17.50|
|31 - 60 Minutes||$15.00||$20.00||$23.75|
|61 - 120 Minutes||$19.75||$24.75||$28.50|
|121 - 180 Minutes||$25.00||$30.00||$33.25|
|181 Minutes or More||$30.00||$35.00||$38.75|
A ProctorU exam location must be free from distraction. The integrity of the exam is compromised if the student is interrupted at any time during the exam.
- PC Users: A well-working computer running Windows XP or higher with 1024 MB of RAM or higher
- Mac Users: A well-working computer running Mac OS X or higher
- A web cam with 640x480 video pixel resolution (web cams built into laptops or monitors are acceptable)
- Headphones or working speakers connected to the computer
- A microphone connected to the computer (your web cam or laptop may already have one built into it)
- A reliable high speed internet connection (minimum 768 Kbps/384 Kbps Download/Upload)
- A web browser with Adobe Flash Player installed
- Authority to allow remote access to your computer and screen by one of ProctorU's proctors