DSST - Dantes Exams
DSST/Dantes examinations allow a person to demonstrate knowledge that has been acquired through independent study, academic interests, or on-the-job training. DSST/Dantes exams may entitle an individual to earn from 3 to 6 hours of college credit for each test successfully completed in up to 37 unique subjects.
Each college sets its own policy regarding how much credit and for what courses credit will be given. It is the examinees responsibility to find out the following information before registering for the DSST/Dantes:
- Does the college where you are reporting the scores recognize DSST/Dantes exams?
- What score is needed to receive credit(s)?
- Are there additional requirements before credit is granted?
WESTERN'SCOURSE EQUIVALENCY POLICY
- All DSST/Dantes examinations are available to take through Western's Testing Center. However, Western does not grant credit for all exams. To see the course equivalencies of DSST exams at Western:
- Twelve credit hours must be completed and earned at WOSC before DSST/Dantes exams are entered on transcript and used for you degree.
The Official Study Guide for the DSST/DANTES Examinations contains descriptions of all DSST/DANTES exams, sample exam questions and answers, test preparation in every subject, test-taking strategies and general information about DSST/DANTES.
Study guides may be purchased through Get College Credit. Old textbooks may also come in handy as a review for exams. You may also visit the College Board website (http://www.getcollegecredit.com/) for more information, descriptions, and fact sheets for each exam.
Examinees must make an appointment with the Testing Center for the exam. This can be done by calling (580) 477-7921.
The Examinee must present a photo ID (i.e., driver's license, military, passport, etc.) on test day.
The DSST/DANTES exams are administered in the Testing Center (SSC 206) located in the main building on campus.
The current cost of most DSST/DANTES exams is $85 with an additional $25 administration fee for a total of $110.
Active duty military members do not pay fees at Western's Testing Center.
Results are available immediately upon completion of the exam unless there is a required essay or speech. If there is a required essay or speech, the combined score will be released upon the conclusion of the grading. This may take up to 3-4 weeks.