Back to Top

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

I cannot see my course even after enrolling, paying, and logging in to online classes?

Some instructors will choose to make their courses available early, but all courses are hidden by default until the first day of class.

If I am an international student and do not have a social security number, how do I complete the online admissions application?

If you are only taking a winter session course and you are international you will need to e-mail our Registrar Lana Scott and give her your:

  1. Full Name
  2. Permanent foreign address
  3. Telephone number at which you can be reached.

Can I get Financial Aid for winter session classes?


If you have already received financial aid at any institution for the current semester you are not elgible to receive aid at another institution. This is regardless of the number of hours enrolled.
If you have not received aid for the current semester, then be sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at After the FAFSA is processed we will contact you with needed paperwork to complete your file. Your file must be completed before aid is awarded.

Why was my international credit card was declined?

Our online credit card payment system cannot accept international cards. Please contact the business office at 580.477.7730 or email Ashton Davis to pay with your credit card.

How do I pay my balance with two or more credit cards?

Please contact the business office at 580.477.7730 or email Ashton Davis.

Why is my Student ID and PIN number not working to log into my online class?

You must log into Campus Connect and retrieve your online username and password. After logging into Campus Connect, go to demographic data and scroll down to find your online username and password. Click here for instructions on how to access your class.

Why was my debit card declined?

Banks impose daily spending limits and you may need to contact your bank to raise the limit.

Why was my credit card declined?

Many card companies have a security feature built in to decline if the customer's address in our system does not match your credit card billing address. You may need to contact your credit card company

Can I pay with a credit card that does not have a US Address?

You cannot pay via Campus Connect with a credit card that does not have a US address. You will have to call the Buisness Office and pay over the phone if using a card without a US address.

Why is my account balance $20?

At midnight the day of enrollment, the system will automatically drop for non payment. The $20 balance is the non-refundable application for admission fee. You will need to re-enroll.

Where can I get my books?

Our Bookstore or or

When and where can I request a transcript?

Request your transcript as early as you can at

If I drop the course, how do I request a refund?

Requests for refunds may be emailed to Ashton Davis, Director of Student Billing.

How many winter session courses can I take?

One per term.

I can't contact my instructor?

You will need to call the helpdesk at 580-477-7907 and they will do their best to get in contact with your instructor. All instructor email addresses can be found in their respective course(s).

Can I get accomodations for my disability?

Please click to read the instructions for ADA accomodations for winter session students.

I have taken 9 hours at Western and want to take more classes. Is this allowed?

If you exceed 9 hours in any courses at Western, you must have all official documents (including testing) on file before you can take more classes at Western or receive a transcript. For more information about this please visit our Admission's website.

Is Western Accredited?

Yes! Please see our Accreditation page for more information.